Yiwu International Market
Yiwu International Market is located in Yiwu, Zhejiang, an eastern coastal province in China. It’s the leading wholesale market in Yiwu, Zhejiang, hence it’s named. If you’re going to be shopping at Yiwu International Market, there’s a high chance you’d need to do it over a few days. So here are some hotels and restaurants around the market to make things easier for you.
ITS INTERNATIONAL MARKET (YIWU MARKET)
China is fast becoming the biggest market in the world, with Guangzhou and Shenzhen being its most popular markets.
Most suppliers would always look to these markets whenever they want to do business in China ignoring China’s biggest wholesale market; the Yiwu Market.
The Yiwu Market is the biggest for wholesale when it comes to buying quality that won’t put a hole in your pocket.
If you are not very experienced with China, checking it up online might provide you with little solace as to what to expect in terms of quality at the Yiwu Market.
Here are a few things you should know before your next trip to China, that would convince you that the Yiwu International Market is the place for you.
Lots of Individual Business
Majority of the booths at the market are owned and controlled by individuals while few are managed by trading companies.
These trading factories have factories who have as much as ten (10) to a thousand (1000) workers and these trading companies also have booths.
These booths provide you with extremely cheap products with high-quality goods if you don’t plan on buying in bulk from the factory.
Largest Wholesale Market
The Yiwu International Market is the world’s biggest wholesale market in the world currently.
Given its size, it deals in various products of all shapes and sizes, from hardware to jewelry. The market is measured at a length of 7 kilometers.
It’s a home to over fourteen thousand (14,000) foreign businessmen from over hundred (100) countries around the world.
The Yiwu international market is known to be more than just a market because it has over seventy thousand (70,000) booths, all showcasing different products, therefore, adding beauty and glamour to the market.
Considering its size another thing that makes the Yiwu Market exceptional, is the fact it’s opened all year round, with the exclusion of the spring break.
Home of Christmas
At the Yiwu International Market, you would find some of the most impressive Christmas decorations and everything else that makes Christmas fun and enjoyable, from plastic mistletoe, wreaths, miniature trees and more.
Most persons have a notion that goods from China are substandard more so goods from Yiwu International Market, but this is totally false.
Again they say the products are fake because they are made in Yiwu but that’s totally untrue, as lots of trading companies from around the world bring their goods to sell at the Yiwu International Market.
Just to be very clear, one of the top three exporting countries from the Yiwu International Market is the United States of America (U.S.A).
The Yiwu International Market is a big and reliable market but you have to remember, not everything can be bought from the Yiwu International Market.
Like stated earlier, stuffs like hardware and jewelry are among the things you can get at the market.
If you are looking for clothes and foodstuffs, searching for them would not be a very smart choice at the Yiwu International Market.
Yiwu has no port of its own but ports like Ningbo port, which is two hundred kilometers (200km) away serves to ship goods in and out.
Ningbo has no market and so it is heavily reliant on the Yiwu International Market. The Yiwu International Market also supplies Shenzhen and Guangzhou.
The Yiwu International Market is setting a new standard in wholesale products. The market is growing by the day with over Forty thousand (40,000) visitors daily.
So, when next you come to China for business look towards the little town in China and be rest assured that the Yiwu Market would supply you with both cheap and quality products.
HOW TO BUY FROM YIWU INTERNATIONAL MARKET
The first thing you need to know about Yiwu international market is that it’s in China, the second is that it’s huge, about 59 million square feet and there are 75,000 booths. That’s right, seventy-five thousand shops. A bit overwhelming. It’s actually really overwhelming. 75,000 shops and one you. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Hopefully, this article will help you learn how to buy from the Yiwu international market.
Step 1 – Before you even think about booking a flight and going to Yiwu, please educate yourself on the city, on the customs (so that you don’t end up going during the Chinese spring festival when the booths won’t be open). Educate yourself on the spoken language, the opening times (9 am to 5 pm daily) and basically life in Yiwu
Step 2 – Prepare funds and prepare to spend a week or more at Yiwu market. It’ll be impossible to visit all 75,000 shops in one week but you should find what you’re looking for before the week runs out. If you can change your currency before traveling it’ll be better although some shops accept other currencies, it’ll be safer for you if you go with the Chinese Yuan.
Step 3 – Get an Agent. If it’s your first time going to Yiwu, ask someone you trust and who’s been there before to link you up with the agent they used. Quite a lot of agents are dubious in nature because you don’t speak the language they might try to dupe you or inflate the prices. Agents usually collect between three to ten percent of your total purchase value. These agents come into play because of the language barrier between most buyers and sellers but once you find a good agent, the rest is history. All you have to do is pick your products.
Step 4 – Picking the right product. Yiwu deals with mainly mass-production of products, so if you’re going there with the intention to buy about one product, as in one piece, there’s a chance you won’t be able to get it customized but if you’re going there for mass production, Yiwu will offer you so many choices. You should go to different booths, check out their products and choose the one that appeals to you the most. You can never be starved of choices in Yiwu.
Step 5 – It’s better if you organize the foreign trade yourself. Fill in all the details and make sure there are no missing gaps.
Step 6 – You can’t possibly visit Yiwu and not enjoy the scenery and sights. Take time to enjoy yourself and enjoy Chinese cuisines. Get familiar, perhaps learn a few phrases.
Step 7 – Enjoy your products and be sure to come back.
ITS AMAZING RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS
1. SULTAN – This restaurant has extremely high ratings and is located at
475, 477 Chou Zhou Beilu, Yiwu 322000, China. It’s open from 9 am – 1 am, daily. It boasts a menu of Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Vegan Options, Halal and Vegetarian-Friendly foods.
2. MAN HO – This restaurant serves only Chinese food and it’s definitely worth the trip. It’s open 11:30 am to 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm daily. It’s located at No.188 Futian Road | Marriot hotel, 2nd floor., Yiwu 322000, China. The restaurant is also beautiful. If you’re going to Yiwu market and you crave Chinese food or you want to try it out, go to Man Ho.
3. JAVA CAFE – This cafe serves amazing coffee, almost any type of coffee you want. They specialize in Pizzas and Fast food. If you’re craving a sugar rush or something to soothe your guilty pleasures, check it out. It’s located at No.320 Chengbei Road, Yiwu, China.
1. EJON CHAIN IMPRESSION HOTEL – This hotel is located at No.797 Chouzhou North Road, Yiwu 322000, China. They have free parking, free high-speed internet (WiFi), Breakfast included (although the breakfast lacks varieties), Room Service, Dry Cleaning. They also have Meeting Rooms and Business Center with internet access in case you’re in Yiwu for business. They have non-smoking rooms, suites and family rooms so that you can take your pick.
2. BEST WESTERN PREMIER OCEAN – This hotel is located at No 99 Futian Road | Yiwu, Yiwu 322000, China. It’s an old hotel but it has really friendly staff. They have Airport Transportation. The price is in the average range. They have several amenities such as a free parking, Shuttle Transportation Service, free internet, Breakfast, Multilingual staff to entertain guests from all over the world, Concierge, Conference facilities as well as babysitting services for parents with children. This hotel is the best choice for a family.
3. SHANGRI-LA HOTEL YIWU – Shangri-La is a massive hotel chain that has hotels all around the world. It’s a bit on the expensive side and more of a luxurious hotel. It’s located at No.6-8 Futian Road, Yiwu 322000, China. The hotel boasts a large number of amenities. Some of them are a Pool, Room Service, Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Spa, Non Smoking rooms, Free High Speed Internet (WiFi),Fitness Center with Gym, Free Parking, Room Service,Laundry Service, Concierge, Banquet Room, Multilingual Staff, Conference Facilities, Air Conditioned Rooms, Mini Bar, an Indoor pool, A Banquet Room, a Business Center and Several Meeting rooms. You’ll definitely be getting the worth of your money.
4. YIWU MARRIOTT HOTEL – This is a 4-star hotel and it’s a bit cheaper than the Shangri-La Hotel. It’s located at No.188 Futian Road, Yiwu 322000, China. It boasts several amenities, luxurious and necessary. It has a breakfast buffet, a pool, a concierge, laundry services, a spa, a fitness center, multilingual staff, free Wifi, non-smoking rooms and so much more. Your stay at this hotel is sure to be smooth and wonderful.
All these places are accessible by Uber so you don’t need to worry about getting lost. All you need to do is relax and enjoy Yiwu. Have a great time!
PROS AND CONS OF YIWU INTERNATIONAL MARKET
Where there is any good, some bad will always find its way into it. Fortunately, Yiwu has more good than bad. There are several articles online disputing this claim and saying goods from Yiwu are generally low quality and not worth it. That is not true, there are several respectable sellers at the Yiwu International Market. If you’re a foreigner and you’ve stumbled upon this article in your search for information on the Yiwu International Market. You’ve come to the right place. Here are some pros and cons of the Yiwu International Market.
1. ROBBERY – This is inevitable, Yiwu International Market attracts over 500,000 buyers yearly. A few unsavory things are bound to happen. However, as long as you keep your valuables near and bring only what is necessary. If it is possible to go cashless.
2. LIES – Yiwu is sort of a huge fair, except it never ends. There are different booths in Yiwu international market and quite a lot of them are individually owned. Only some booths are owned by factories. If you’re in Yiwu to buy in bulk, some of these booths will claim to be factories and try to sell you goods for inflated prices just because you’re a foreigner. It will be hard for you to differentiate between the individuals and factories. The key is to be perceptive and try to ask from as many booths as possible. Don’t jump at the first offer you get.
3. DIFFERENT PRODUCTS – Not every product can be found at Yiwu, if you’re looking for fashion clothes, huge machinery and foodstuffs, Yiwu is not exactly the best place to shop.
1. IT IS THE LARGEST WHOLESALE MARKET – Yiwu, although it is not as popular as Shenzhen, it is the largest wholesale market in the world. Yiwu, itself, is a city. Where else to get a wide variety of products than Yiwu?
2. QUALITY PRODUCTS – Not all the products sold at the Yiwu International Market are made in Yiwu. Due to the large population that comes to shop at Yiwu, people from other places often come to Yiwu to sell their products. However, the products sold at the Yiwu International Market by the actual people of Yiwu are often of good quality. Some are even handmade by individuals.
3. CUSTOMIZATION – If you see a sample that you like, you can ask for it to be customized as long as you’re buying in large quantities. This takes us to our next advantage.
4. LARGE QUANTITIES – It is so easy to buy goods in large quantities at Yiwu and they’re available at lower prices.
Yiwu gathers so many goods and unlike the other markets i.e. Shenzhen, Ningbo etc, It doesn’t specialize in one particular product, it’s a plethora of goods. Yiwu isn’t just a market, you could go there for vacations to get a taste of the indigene life, not the tourist life. Yiwu international market will cater to your needs. You won’t feel odd or left out because it’s made up of so many people from different countries and walks of life.
If you are a new customer to the Yiwu market, and probably can’t speak the local language, you will need help in different areas of your business endeavor in Yiwu. Like in negotiations, identifying quality products, avoiding scams, and getting really affordable products. Leeline sourcing is your best choice. Their services are experts in sourcing and importing products from YIWU, China.